Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti (Vegetarian Style/NonVeg Style)




From my friend, Sarah, who is a vegetarian:

Today I decided to make my own version of Chicken Spaghetti Casserole. This was a dish I LOVED as a kid, but as a vegetarian, I hadn't had it in years. The original recipe came from cooks.com website but I made a few tweaks and it turned out great.

4 boneless chicken breast (I used Quorn meatless chicken nuggets http://www.quorn.us/products/Chik%27n_Tenders.aspx)
8oz Velveeta (I prefer Velveeta with 2% milk)
1 can Rotel
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 package spaghetti
pepper
garlic

For those using real chicken:
Boil chicken (Cooks Note: for more tender chicken, don't boil; simmer slowly over low heat instead).
For those using meatless chicken:
Simmer meatless chicken nuggets with extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Boil spaghetti according to package directions.
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Combine: chicken, spaghetti, Cream of Mushroom, Rotel (drain juice from Rotel and set aside), pepper, and garlic to taste.
Place combined ingredients in a casserole dish.
Melt Velveeta in microwave (about 2 minutes). Add Rotel juice as needed to thin cheese out.
Pour melted Velveeta over casserole.
Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.

Fresh out of the oven:


No comments:

Post a Comment